First Base Technologies is expanding. We are an innovative company that is looking for talented and positive individuals to help us to achieve our goals.
If you love a challenge and want to join a fast-growing, innovative and exciting company, where you can make a real difference from day one contact us today.
Junior Web App Penetration Tester
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Cyber Security Operations Manager
Location: Hassocks, Sussex BN6
Salary: £25-30,000 per annum + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Penetration Tester with a genuine passion and interest in Cyber Security to join our growing team in one of the UK’s most successful information security firms in our office in Hassocks, Sussex. The team are responsible for testing the security systems of our growing client base and, putting their security to the test and measuring resilience against any systems being compromised.
This role would be perfectly suited to a Web Developer looking for their first move into the security industry. On a personal level, you will be a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills and, above all, we’re looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with us as a company, a willingness to learn from the team and to further develop technical skills.
The main focus of the role is to perform external infrastructure and application penetration testing and security reviews, using our methodologies and approved tools and techniques. You will then analyse results and producing reports to company standards, using company techniques and templates.
To succeed in the role, the following skills and knowledge are desirable:
- • Experience in web application development and coding, for example .NET, PHP
• Understanding of web services technologies such as XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, and AJAX
• Understanding of web frameworks such as XML, SOAP, J2EE, JSON and Ajax
- • Self-motivated and dedicated, with good team-working skills
- • Able to confidently and professionally represent the organisation to clients, peers and business partners
- • Ethical behaviour consistent with established standards
- • Methodical approach with the ability to be creative
- • Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- • A collaborative, scientific / engineering approach to work – used to peer review and brainstorming
- • Well organised and able to manage own time efficiently
- • Excellent written English and reporting skills
- • A passion for security-related subjects
- • You should be willing to undertake any necessary training and study in your own time as well as at work
Please send a CV and covering letter to: Careers@firstbase.co.uk